FleetBroadband by Singtel is a maritime communications service from Inmarsat which provides a cost-effective broadband high speed data and voice, simultaneously, through a compact antenna on a global basis.
Based on 3G standards, you can send and receive email with large file attachments, surf the web, run complex data applications and make voice calls at the same time.
Singtel designs a full range of value-added Maritime ICT solutions around Inmarsat FleetBroadband services. Maritime ICT solutions include:
- Commtroller which enables our customers to set a cap limit to their monthly usage to curb satellite communication costs. Customer has an option to either receive an alert or cease traffic if the cap limit is reached.
- Singtel AIO SmartMail email solution suited for FleetBroadband service with email archives and other email features.
- All-in-One Connect solution that could split official and crew usage and enables our customer to provide crew with voice, email and data services. Companies could even recover satellite communication costs incurred by crew.
Singtel also has the ability to bundle other shipboard Maritime services like ECDIS and Video Surveillance. With this, Singtel is able to provide a truly one-stop solution for our customer.
Benefits and Features
- Cost Effective: Terminals are competitively priced with a choice of airtime pricing packages to best suit your customer’s communication needs
- Complete Security: Supports private networks, such as VPN
- Superior Performance: FleetBroadband provides the users with faster, more cost-effective access to data services. Its simultaneous voice and data capability means that the vessel’s operational systems can be running online while the users can access email, the internet, and make calls simultaneously all via a single terminal
- Total Flexibility: Customers can choose from a wide range of FleetBroadband monthly plans to suit your satellite communication needs. They are: 25MB, 75MB, 250MB, 1GB, 4GB, 8GB, 20GB and 40GB
- FleetBroadband by Singtel delivers a diverse range of applications to meet the “always on” voice and high speed data connectivity. Enhancing the traditional circuit-switched voice and data for legacy applications, it can be seamlessly integrated with your shore-based systems
- Standard IP up to 432kbps via a secured local POP connects to Inmarsat HK Meet-Me-Point, over a shared channel, for email, internet & intranet access
- Streaming IP –Guaranteed data rates on demand up to 256kbps via a secured local POP connects to Inmarsat HK Meet-Me-Point for live video/audio applications
- Voice –High quality voice for bridge and crew communication (4kbps digital and 3.1 kHz audio)
- ISDN –Supports ISDN at 64kbps for legacy applications
- SMS –Send and receive text messages (up to 160 characters)